Regular monitoring and Boiler maintenance can prevent most of the breakdown problems to a considerable extent. Boiler system can become susceptible to leaks, pressure and temperature variation, rusting, parts malfunction, and internal contamination. DHL Mechanical is heatings experts and can advise any number of great in floor heating systems , as well repair current boilers, and systems .
- Cleaning: Cleaning your boiler keeps it free from contamination and rusting. You can use the cleaning brush to remove dirt, carbon and other deposits from the tubes and heater base. Focus on venting points, joints, flues, filters, and circulators. Use non corrosive liquids to remove the rust deposits.
- Lubrication: Manufacturer recommended lubricants for fan, pump, piping joints, screws and bolts, and motor can prevent rusting and friction. It keeps the parts running smoothly without overheating. Lubrication can also improve performance efficiency and prevent loss of fuel. You can identify the parts to be lubricated from the boiler user manual.
- Leak-Sealing: Check your boiler for leaking points. They may be found near the valves, joints, welded points, and piping. In the first step, you have to identify the leaking points. Run the boiler and turn on the outlet. You can identify the external leaking points on visual inspection. Use the sealant. If it is powder, you need to mix with correct ratio (as indicated on product label) with water and make a thick paste. If it is a spray, you can use it according to instructions. Shutdown the boiler and turn off outlet. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes to ensure no water flow. Apply the sealant and let it dry fully. Use only heat resistant sealants. If you suspect any internal leaks near the sensitive points, you have to call the boiler repair professional.
- Flush-Clean: Shutdown the radiant heating systems and let it cool to room temperature. Open the water inlet points. Drain the water from the vents, valves, and radiators. Once water is drained off completely, you can close it. Connect the power-flushing device to the piping according to the manufacturer instructions. The device itself should get water supply from an external source. Connect it to the water inlet and add the flushing liquid to the container. Turn on the power flush device and let it run for the time specified by the boiler manufacturer. Then you can drain the water and reconnect the pipes.
- Fuel-Supply Checking: Check the fuel storage and supply lines to the boiler. Clean and lubricate the joints. Check the pressure valves. If you find any leaks or cracks on the supply pipes, call a professional boiler expert repairer and get the defects fixed.