TFT SAFETY RECALL
Natural gas appliances have open flames connected to powerful fuel supplies.
While properly installed and maintained appliances seldom present a danger, regular inspection and maintenance ensures your family’s safety and efficient operation.
What to do if you smell gas
Natural gas is odorless, but a small amount of scent is added to make it easily detectable. If you smell rotten eggs, hear gas hissing or know you have damaged a gas pipe:
- Stop what you’re doing.
- Get all family members out of the house.
- DO NOT use cell phones, light switches, matches, cigarettes or create any other source of ignition.
- As you leave the house, leave the door open.
- Get everyone far from the building until the emergency is contained.
- Call 911 or the natural gas emergency line for your area with a land line (not a cell phone):
- Edmonton and area: 780-420-5585
- Calgary and area: 403-245-7222
- All other areas: 1-800-511-3447